Dakar 2021 // Phase 10: The Dakar enters the particular finishing straight
- Peterhansel leads ahead of penultimate lower-leg
- Three MINIs within the top ten on Wednesday’s stage
Just 2 days and a total of 736 kms against the clock remain for the rivals at the Dakar 2021. The SMALL JCW Buggy crew of Stéphane Peterhansel and Edouard Boulanger (both FRA) start tomorrow’s penultimate lower-leg with a lead of 17 moments over Nasser Al-Attiyah in the Toyota, having finished third on stage 10. Carlos Sainz and Lucas Johnson (both ESP) were fourth within the MINI JCW Buggy. The SMALL JCW Rally pairing of Vladimir Vasilyev (RUS) and Dmitry Tsyro (UKR) ended the stage within seventh place.
Yesterday’s stage win meant Peterhansel plus Boulanger were first onto the road on Wednesday. Despite again becoming faced with difficult navigation, only 2 of their rivals went faster compared to French duo. Peterhansel eventually completed third, dropping just 49 secs to the man currently second within the overall standings, Nasser Al-Attiyah.
Sainz and Cruz failed to get off to the start they would are hoping for. Navigation issues resulted in all of them losing time and dropping over the timings list. However , they discovered their rhythm later on in the phase and managed to recover the majority of that period and climb back into fourth by finish.
Stéphane Peterhansel: “We had been actually expecting an easy stage. This wasn’t long and there were very few stones, but the navigation was very hard. It felt like the organisers desired the competitors to go the wrong way. ”
Carlos Sainz: “Navigation was difficult on the first part of the stage and lost a lot of time. It got better following that, but I spent a lot of time generating through dust and had to surpass five or six cars. It had been not an easy day for me. ”
The penultimate day time of the Dakar 2021 sees the particular competitors face the longest unique stage of the rally, with a massive 511 kilometres against the clock. The road heads back into the dunes – for just short of 100 kilometres!
Result of SS10
1 . Y. Al-Rajhi (KSA) or D. von Zitzewitz (GER) – Toyota – 3h 03m 57s
2 . N. Al-Attiyah (QAT) / M. Baumel (FRA) – Toyota – 3h 06m 01s
3 or more. S. Peterhansel (FRA) / Electronic. Boulanger (FRA) – MINI JCW Buggy – 3h 06m 50s
four. C. Sainz /ESP) / D. Cruz (ESP) – MINI JCW Buggy – 3h 08m 09s
5. L. Przygonski (POL) / T. Gottschalk (GER) – Toyota -3h 09m 03s
7. V. Vasilyev (RUS) / D. Tsyro (UKR) – MINI JCW Rally – 3h 11m 29s
16. D. Krotov (RUS) / O. Uperenko (RUS) – MINI JCW Rally – 3h 17m 40s
28. G. Spinelli (BRA) or Y. Haddad (BRA) – SMALL ALL4 Racing – 3h 28m 05s
29. V. Khoroshavtsev (RUS) and A. Nikolaev (RUS) – SMALL JCW Rally – 3h 28m 32s
Overall standings after SS10
1 . H. Peterhansel (FRA) / E. Boulanger (FRA) – MINI JCW Pushchair – 37h 33m 06s
2 . N. Al-Attiyah (QAT) / M. Baumel (FRA) – Toyota – 37h 50m 07s
3 or more. C. Sainz /ESP) / T. Cruz (ESP) – MINI JCW Buggy – 38h 36m 50s
4. M. Przygonski (POL) / T. Gottschalk (GER) – Toyota – 39h 51m 49s
five. N. Roma (ESP) / The. Winocq (FRA) – Prodrive BRX Hunter – 40h 23m 28s
7. V. Vasilyev (RUS) / D. Tsyro (UKR) – MINI JCW Rally – 40h 48m 02s
17. G. Spinelli (BRA) / Y. Haddad (BRA) – MINI ALL4 Racing – 43h43m 05s
24. V. Khoroshavtsev (RUS) and A. Nikolaev (RUS) – SMALL JCW Rally – 45h 55m 43s
30. D. Krotov (RUS) or O. Uperenko (RUS) – SMALL JCW Rally – 47h 57m 28s