Buggyra drivers have finished the two-day marathon as Macháček keeps enhancing!
Josef Macháček handled the 2nd 1 / 2 of the marathon stage perfectly. The particular Dakar legend finished in second place in the Lightweight Prototypes classification, and he holds the 2nd position within the overall standings as well. Ignacio Casale set his personal best within the Truck category with 5th location.
Josef Macháček and Pavel Vyoral put on an amazing performance. “We didn’t want to get punctures or get lost. Big kudos in order to Pavel, who did a great work. There were so many others who obtained lost and went in the incorrect way. It was difficult again, yet I’m glad to successfully complete it today, ” said treated Josef Macháček, while his teammate Tomáš Enge faced more specialized issues and he finished the phase with 2 hours loss.
Ignacio Casale, the new Chilean drivers of the Tatra Buggyra Racing group, did well in the Trucks classification. He finished in 5th location, achieving his personal best outcome so far.
“I’m actually happy. The navigation was difficult today, and I have to thank our navigator Alvaro. We didn’t possess a single problem, we didn’t have to get out of the truck, and that made a positive change. The 5th place is great plus tomorrow, we’ll continue, ” stated Ignacio who currently holds ninth place in the overall standings.
Martin Šoltys lost 3 plus half minutes on the 375-kilometre-long phase, finishing in 9th place. Yet he lost only 12 a few minutes to the winner Shibalov with Kamaz. That just shows how limited it is in the Trucks category.
The 9th stage must not be easy at all. It will lead for the shore of the Red Sea as well as the crews can expect a fast route, using light sand. The organisers anticipate it to be the most challenging phase of the Dakar Rally 2021.
LIGHT PROTOTYPES T3. one – 8th stage results
- Quintero/Zenz OT3 03: 44: 05
- Macháček/Vyoral Can-Am DV21 + sixteen: 51 mins
- Carneiro/Serra Can-Am + 18: 22 minutes
- Enge/Tošenovský Can-Am DV21 + 1: 48: 18 hours
LIGHTING PROTOTYPES T3. 1 – present standings after 8th stage
- Quintero/Zenz OT3 32: 39: 14
- Macháček/Vyoral Can-Am DV21 + four: 07: 02 hrs
- Liparoti/Fischer Yamaha + 5: twenty three: 29 hrs
- Enge/Tošenovský Can-Am DV21 + 14: fifty nine: 00 hrs
TRUCKS – 8th phase results
- Shibalov/Nikitin/Tatarinov Kamaz 03: 19: forty
- Sotnikov/Akhmadeev/Akhmetzianov Kamaz + 02: 28 mins
- Karginov/Mokeev/Leonov Kamaz + 03: nineteen mins
- Casale/Leon/Hoffmann TATRA BUGGYRA + 09: 13 minutes
- Šoltys/Schovánek/Šikola TATRA BUGGYRA + 12: 43 mins
TRUCKS – current standings after 8th phase
- Sotnikov/Akhmadeev/Akhmetzianov Kamaz 32: 34: 18
- Shibalov/Nikitin/Tatarinov Kamaz + 43: 28 mins
- Mardeev/Svistunov/Galiautdinov Kamaz + 1: 13: fifteen hrs
- Casale/Leon/Hoffmann TATRA BUGGYRA + 2: 43: 41 hrs
- Šoltys/Schovánek/Šikola TATRA BUGGYRA + 3: 08: fifty four hrs