Dakar 2021 // Stage seven: Second and third place intended for Peterhansel and Sainz
- Peterhansel extends his guide
- Drivers take on the particular marathon stage without the team
The two MINI JCW Buggy crews of Stéphane Peterhansel / Edouard Boulanger (both FRA) and Carlos Sainz / Lucas Cruz (both ESP) both finished stage seven, from Hail in order to Sakaka, in the top three. Vladimir Vasilyev (RUS) and Dmitry Tsyro (UKR) finished seventh in the SMALL JCW Rally.
Nowadays, the Dakar competitors embarked for the marathon leg, which means that the motorists must get by without the support of the team this evening. In Sakaka, they are going to have to do their own work on the cars. The particular drivers are, however , permitted to assist each other.
All the indications pointed towards a clear win with regard to Peterhansel on stage seven. The Frenchman had clocked the fastest situations for the entire stage. However , shortly prior to the finish, he was stopped in the tracks by a puncture and consequently dropped a few minutes. He was able to make up a few ground before the end of the phase and eventually came home in 2nd place, with a deficit of forty eight seconds. Sunday’s result saw your pet extend his overall lead simply by two minutes.
Success on stage six meant Sainz plus Cruz had to open today’s lower-leg, which made navigation particularly challenging. Despite this, the MINI JCW Pushchair crew made it through with just a few mistakes to finish third on the phase. Sainz and Cruz also rest third in the overall standings.
Stéphane Peterhansel: “We hit a rock on the last 40 kilometres plus destroyed our rim. We after that had a few problems changing the particular tyre. We have lost about 7 minutes as a result. It is a pity, once we had a very good start to the phase. But that is how the Dakar will be. ”
Carlos Sainz: “We a new flat tyre and strayed away from track slightly a few times, but that will kind of thing can happen when you are starting the route. I am happy. ”
Tomorrow’s route takes the particular competitors from Sakaka to Neom, where they will meet up with their groups again. As well as the 334 kilometres associated with liaison stage, they also face 375 kilometres against the clock. Awaiting the particular drivers are sandy and stony routes, while navigation is also likely to be difficult.
Result of SS7
1 . Con. Al-Rajhi (KSA) / D. vonseiten Zitzewitz – Toyota – 4h 21m 59s
2 . S. Peterhansel (FRA) and E. Boulanger (FRA) – SMALL JCW Buggy – 4h 22m 47s
3. C. Sainz /ESP) or L. Cruz (ESP) – SMALL JCW Buggy – 4h 23m 14s
four. N. Al-Attiyah (QAT) / Mirielle. Baumel (FRA) – Toyota – 4h 24m 47s
5. J. Przygonski (POL) and T. Gottschalk (GER) – Toyota – 4h 33m 59s
9. V. Vasilyev (RUS) or D. Tsyro (UKR) – SMALL JCW Rally – 4h 42m 58s
16. D. Krotov (RUS) and O. Uperenko (RUS) – SMALL JCW Rally – 5h 00m 17s
34. V. Khoroshavtsev (RUS) / A. Nikolaev (RUS) – MINI JCW Rally – 5h 43m 32s
37. G. Spinelli (BRA) or Y. Haddad (BRA) – SMALL ALL4 Racing – 5h 51m 09s
Overall standings after SS7
1 . S i9000. Peterhansel (FRA) / E. Boulanger (FRA) – MINI JCW Pushchair – 26h 36m 50s
2 . N. Al-Attiyah (QAT) / M. Baumel (FRA) – Toyota – 26h 44m 43s
3 or more. C. Sainz /ESP) / D. Cruz (ESP) – MINI JCW Buggy – 27h 17m 56s
4. M. Przygonski (POL) / T. Gottschalk (GER) – Toyota – 27h 59m 38s
five. N. Roma (ESP) / The. Winocq (FRA) – Prodrive – 28h 35m 50s
6. V. Vasilyev (RUS) / D. Tsyro (UKR) – MINI JCW Rally – 29h 02m 48s
16. G. Spinelli (BRA) / Y. Haddad (BRA) – MINI ALL4 Racing – 31h 11m 24s
twenty six. V. Khoroshavtsev (RUS) / The. Nikolaev (RUS) – MINI JCW Rally – 33h 00m 50s
33. Deb. Krotov (RUS) / O. Uperenko (RUS) – MINI JCW Move – 35h 24m 07s